Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

Interesting article in Mother Jones.

If not familiar with MJ it is an old publication that is pretty much a lefty outfit. Mother Jones was a coal field Union activist long ago from whom they borrowed the name. May be has a "bias" but they don't try to hide it and they have won, almost yearly, some journalism award or other simply due to the fact they really cover things very well whether you agree with their analysis or not.

This is pretty much an opinion piece but I think they have it dead right.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/12/congress-tax-bill-citizens-united/#

I read that this morning and I have to agree it is accurate. In essence this is the same tax bill that broke the state of Kansas, and brought to us my many of the same people.

Administrator

Government of the people for the people by the people, Or something like that... 😟

It has been changed to Government of corporations for corporations by corporations
By the Grand old Pedophile Party.
dinga

nubimax wrote:

It has been changed to Government of corporations for corporations by corporations
By the Grand old Pedophile Party.
dinga

yup, very much so.......this is exactly what Bernie has been talking about for many years. He's almost the only guy who really Gets It.

Sad thing is that I think both parties are guilty of this as can be. Do the search on both sides of who has the money, the interests in corporations etc. Think it will come out to being equal. And both sides will serve their masters that's calling the shots, not the people that thought they were the ones that put them into office. I trust both sides as far as I can toss a pregnant whale.

I did the research some time ago now cannot remember exact figures but was close to this as of 2014.
Repubs indicted in last 28 years 169. convicted 89, went to jail 48
Dems indicted in last 28 years 14 convicted 6, went to jail 2.
those figures are as close as I remember will see if I can find the exact figures again.
dinga

Ah and both have the wealthy and can more than likely bet that neither sides would take any cut in their businesses as far as tax breaks or anything else goes. Money talks on both parties and always will. When someone claims to going to help I take that not with a 'grain of salt' but 'tons of salt'. Trust politicians? Indeed not. Learned that growing up from the old man and holds true even today. One thing he taught me was whenever a salesperson or politician was around to keep both hands in my pockets. That way I wouldn't be signing my life away and giving my last penny up.
Yep. Still have my pennies in my pockets and not signed anything lately. 😉

During the election period I learned that I'm a 'traitor to the troops', a warmonger, a communist, a liberal, a conservative, and list went on. Wow, I wound up being a well rounded person didn't I? Funny thing is I'm not any of those. What I am is a person that calls as I see. I saw two of the biggest POS in the bowl and said so, told everyone that both parties took a dump on the American people and left us with crap to choose from. Boy did I pee in everyone's oatmeal some how. And I mean both sides of the coin. Just with that one statement. That's when I learned what I was from both sides of the coin during the election. Funny thing was that about two weeks of me making that remark the Air Force Times came out with an article saying that the Active Duty considered neither one of the two as being worthy of being called Commander-in-Chief. I busted out laughing and pointed that out and then quit FB for awhile.
Went back in last month. What do I see? Same crap going on from both sides. P/M about each other and what's going on. This time I've managed to bite tongue and keep quite so far. But when the next election comes up I hope, just hope for once both parties pull their collective heads out of their collective anal holes and put out a candidate worth considering and voting for instead of two more floaters for a punch bowl like the last time.
And I think I will bow out commenting on what I think of politicians at this point now and let everyone else have the fun. 😆 😉

seriously, Bernie has been telling people for years that we need to get BIG money OUT of politics. Get rid of citizens united, etc etc....

it happens all over but the asshole republicans have the additional influence of those rabid evangelical wackos. I swear, the next time I hear some douchebag politician say, 'god bless america" I'm going to throw shit at him