Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

haha, yeah, ok

Administrator

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego-Br%C3%BCcke

Wife and I were in a mall the other day and saw a Lego store. Went in to look around. Some very nice models to build. Think least cost was about 14 or 15 dollars. Then it went way the hell up in prices depending on what model you were after. Some great looking stuff but would need the money and time to put together plus some damn place to build and store the thing once built. But did look nice.

Georgiaboy wrote:

Wife and I were in a mall the other day and saw a Lego store. Went in to look around. Some very nice models to build. Think least cost was about 14 or 15 dollars. Then it went way the hell up in prices depending on what model you were after. Some great looking stuff but would need the money and time to put together plus some damn place to build and store the thing once built. But did look nice.

there are small sets that run 7, 8, 10 bucks. I've got a bunch of space vehicles from back in the 90's that are inexpensive.
of course, my issue is no space. and not much money.

but i LOVE looking at what other people build. and I like taking funny photos of what I do have

warfacegod wrote:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego-Br%C3%BCcke

yeah, I've seen that. everyone loves LEGO

cecilia wrote:

Georgiaboy wrote:

there are small sets that run 7, 8, 10 bucks. I've got a bunch of space vehicles from back in the 90's that are inexpensive.
of course, my issue is no space. and not much money.

but i LOVE looking at what other people build. and I like taking funny photos of what I do have

Saw some real great ones. Some good looking cars. But I'd also would like to find some military aircraft that way also.

So Lego is all in sets these days? I remember when I was a kid mum bought me a denim sack of mixed Lego pieces, I've never seen another like it. I added to it of course, but yeah it was all sets. Few of which ever actually made what was on the box ;)
Last I heard, my sister's kids had my old sack of Lego

Administrator

Let's just Lego doesn't turn out to be evil like Google.

Administrator

Miss_Jay wrote:

So Lego is all in sets these days?

Yes, so it would seem. A bit of a pity, I think. We had a box of Lego, a mixture of bought-by-mum and hand-me-downs from family friends, I think. The fun of it was inventing things with it. A set that is restricted to one model seems a little boring to me.

That's the way I remember them also. Was surprised to see all these different sets. Didn't see any of the old style for kids to use imaginations. Maybe there were too many of us with 'dirty minds'.