Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

While I was setting up my Slitaz install, I was windowshopping for a browser. Strangely enough Chromium is not in their repos, so instead , they popped up Iron-browser. Never heard of it. So I gave it a spin.Iron as such isn't actually a browser. It's a chromium wrapper. What it does is take Chrome but it takes out all the Google sniffing. The result is something. It makes chrome very fast. Site It's actually in the Debian repos. Intresting how much less resources this needs compared to regular Chromium.

Pain to use? I never was crazy about Chrome or Chromium.

Pain to use? Not at all. Just like a regular chrome, just more secure and faster. What is strange though, I got me the deb file from their website. When I installed it with gdebi, it informed me that there was an older version in the repos. Went ahead anyway, no probs. So, I searched for it in synaptic and I couldn't find the version gdebi was talking about. Damn fast it is. Loading as well as browsing. Google has a lot of backgrounded stuff apparently. Well, we know that. But it's still surprising how much of their sniffing around takes.

A friend of mine uses Chrome on his Windows. I was over at his house working on the car when he wanted me to look something up and then print it out. Talk about a pain in the ass to work around. I asked if he had FF or something else installed. Said that Chrome was only thing. So told him to get his sister to mess with it, that I didn't like nor know how it worked. That I preferred FF or Palemoon instead.

If he only uses Chrome, he should've known how to set it up.googleprint

There are also extensions. For example for a HP printer: HP

Ah. Weird. To find it in synaptic you would have to search for srware.

If he only uses Chrome, he should've known how to set it up.googleprint

Don't know what the deal was but think his sister wound up doing it. He needed the schematic enlarged real big so he could read it and printed. I don't use it so didn't know where he had everything at in it. His sister did all of it and printed for him. After that whenever I found anything I'd send to him I'd enlarge the hell out of it first, save and send as attachment in an email to him. He could print it on his own then.

Didn't see this in Testing. Maybe in Stable.

now this is interesting went to package manager enter search for srware it brought up iron so I downloaded it. Now I do have problems FF no longer works, mate document reader no longer works, and iron does not work. Not sure what else is broken but it is a good learning experience.
dinga