Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

nubimax wrote:

I had a large update this morning, both Debian and Mozilla only thing I cought was security for mozilla and from Debian testing kernal and security. Went so fast could not read but little of it.

nubimax wrote:

I had a large update this morning, both Debian and Mozilla only thing I cought was security for mozilla and from Debian testing kernal and security. Went so fast could not read but little of it.

If you are doing your package upgrades at the cli go to the preferences for you terminal and that should open with a number of tabs. The first one in all the terminals I have used, except for in KDE of course, open in the 'General' tab. One of the sections there will be for Scrolling. Default settings have all those check boxes checked. Uncheck all those boxes except
"Scroll on keystroke"

This will stop the scrolling on "output". If you then scroll up a couple lines using the mouse wheel the output will still go on but where you are looking will be still so you can read it. You can then scroll down and see what has happened since you went up. Or if you want to go directly to the current output simply hit a key. I generally use the down arrow to get back to where the action is happening.

That way you can see what is going on and see the version numbers for the new packages as they down load and also, in the install phase of things, see what version is being replaced.