Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

I have been here in the South East for 5 years and the quality fresh fruits are really bad limp carrots, mould growing on fruit as well as some vegetables, and fruits and vegetables that are rotten inside. what I am wondering is this nation wide? or just here in the South East.

I forgot to say that I am living in the U.S.A.

Administrator

That is, for a Land that considers itself a world leader, appalling. Here a lot of the fruit and veg. is obviously bred to be easy to transport rather than for taste, and often not really ripe enough, but mouldy stuff in the shops is extremely rare. In Australia it is better again.

Even Mexico was much better then here. Close to 90% of food in the markets is pre-prepared.

Administrator

That reminds me of a story a couple of friends told me. They went to Britain as teachers for a year. Whilst they were there, that "TV Chef" Jamie Oliver was running a campaign to improve the food in the canteens in British schools, and educate kids about good food. Apparently a very large percentage of British kids didn't know what a pea pod looked like, and couldn't identify a raw carrot, potato or green bean. Pretty tragic, I thought.

I won't mention Monsanto at this point.

Ooops, too late....😉