Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

What has happened to the old timers on this forum? Not much posting by any of us myself included. last I heard RH was grumpy, wfg not here (maybe back in jail)? GB might be visiting inlaws in Korea? Audiomick shows up once in a while to clear off the trolls. I can't blame this lack of appearance here on covid-19 it started long before that showed up. I would like to fined out why the abandonment of this forum by the old timers, any of you newer people who like to comment feel free. At 80 I am probably the oldest old fart here. And my cute young wife is recovering nicly from her second hip replacement now she has two replacement hips and a replacement knee I have started calling her the "Bionic Women".

lets hear from someone
dinga

Administrator

Hi Dinga.
I actually look in almost every day, but mostly don't have much to say. I don't what's up with the others. Unfortunately this forum software doesn't show when people last visited, so I don't even know if the "regulars" are looking in regularly.

I suppose people's interests are just moving away to other things. 🤷‍♂️

Mouse died or would have answered sooner. stole this one from the good lady will have to return it shortly new mouse will arrive on Monday. You having trouble with hoarders there. Here shop shelves are empty and churches are full go figure that one out.

dinga

Administrator

Yeah, hoarders. Toilet paper, noodles, flour...

The federal and state government have repeatedly assured that essential shops will stay open, and that there is no danger of shortage of supplies. People are still hoarding. Go figure...

nubimax wrote:

Mouse died or would have answered sooner. stole this one from the good lady will have to return it shortly new mouse will arrive on Monday. You having trouble with hoarders there. Here shop shelves are empty and churches are full go figure that one out.

dinga

They're going to church??Do they not know what it means by staying away from crowds??? S. Korea put churches off limits due to trying to help cut down exposure. Thes idiots decided fine, we'll just meet at home. They got exposed just like the government thought would happen.

audiomick wrote:

Yeah, hoarders. Toilet paper, noodles, flour...

The federal and state government have repeatedly assured that essential shops will stay open, and that there is no danger of shortage of supplies. People are still hoarding. Go figure...

Same here. And our Glorious Leader/Doctor loves to give such helpful hints on what to use for medicine and paint such a rosy picture.

Administrator

Georgiaboy wrote:

They're going to church??

Churches are closed here, by order of the Govt. .

What's open and what is closed varies from state to state, but basically only essential services and food stores are allowed to be open.
And it is slowly dawning on the general public that it is something to be taken seriously. For two reasons: on the one hand for the actual purpose, i.e. to slow down the spread of the virus. On the other hand, so that the government isn't "forced" into imposing even more serious restrictions.
We've got Italy and France right next door. Italy has been really badly hit, and has more or less put the whole population under house arrest. France hasn't had so many cases, I believe, but very quickly shut down everything.
We've got people here looking over the borders and saying "see what they're doing? We've got to do that too!".

I think it is strict enough here for now, and hope it doesn't get any more drastic.

This is "murica" God protects us "muricans". Unfortunately I am more or less 80years old and an atheist so I am a prime candidate for it.
Hey GB glad to see you back, we need more old farts around here to shout at each other. The good lady had a hip replacement 3 weeks ago and doing great, off her walker now and just using a cane. For home entertainment now we are having mock sword fights with our canes. I have been calling her the Bionic Woman with both hips replaced and one knee as well it fits. hope you and yours are all well.

dinga.

Administrator

nubimax wrote:

This is "murica" God protects us "muricans".

Yeah, I know. Godzone Country.... 😉

One of the ladies I now from water aerobics's sent a text to the good lady telling how much she enjoyed church yesterday, and how she got to give all her friends a hug because there are no cases of covid-19 in their area. I asked the lady if the friend new that officials here are only testing people who are being hospitalized. apparently she does not know this. 195 cases and 3 dead in the state as I write this I expect that number 3-5 times that by the weekend.
dinga