Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.
Administrator

nubimax wrote:

I expect that number 3-5 times that by the weekend.
dinga

Yes, quite possible. When an epidemic takes off, the increase is exponential.
I hope folks there wake up soon. The restrictions here are quite extensive now, but I think people are starting to figure out what is really important, and what the restrictions are aiming to achieve (that the epidemic spreads more slowly, so that the hospitals can keep up).

You look after yourself and the good wife. A vaccine will come along sooner or later. Until then, stay home as much as possible, and keep your contacts with other people to a minimum. ☺️

My young girl friend (29) will be running all our errands for us. we will only leave the house for doctor visits and to to exercise, usually just walk down to the end of the street and back a couple of times (we live on a dead end street) almost no traffic on it.
dinga

One of myt friends goes to church but due to this they decided to have their services online. That makes sense. I saw this video where this so called televangest was telling people that it don't matter if they lost their job or what ever they need to make sure that they get that part of what they're supposed to be ginving to the church there. No matter what. I was damn pissed.

Ang our glorioius leader/doctor Rump insists that the encomny must be kept up. That he's probably going to end that social distancing at the end of 15 days no matter what and have people go back to work. Yep. Moron in charge knows what's best all right. Probably more worried about his re-election than anything else.

Administrator

Georgiaboy wrote:

our glorioius leader/doctor Rump....Probably more worried about his re-election than anything else.

You could well be right there...

The Gov. here is doing a lot to keep the economy alive. It is not finalised yet, but it looks like even small fish like me will be able to get useful help.
I'm also pleased at how well the politicians are working together. It is a coalition government, and normally there is lots of in-fighting and mud slinging. At the moment it is like they've signed a cease fire or something. Just getting on with business. It would be nice if they establish good habits that hold on for a while...

@Dinga: I'm glad to hear you have someone to run errands for you. That is worth a lot at the moment. 😊

@ audiomick I have told that girl that if she ever needs a grand father or someone to bail her out of jail to call on me. GB is right about El Pendejo I read a study from the a UK university that if we all follow great leaders advice only 2.2 million of us will die, We all need to sacrifice our lives so big business will not lose any money. let us all line up to die for our glorious El Pendejo!

dinga

Administrator

nubimax wrote:

...let us all line up to die for our glorious El Pendejo!

And God save a merkin. πŸ˜‰

I iz still alive o/
Just had a lot going on (partner I gotz one, bushfires, floods, Certificate II in Retail, Mardi Gras, work experience, and psychiatrists, chasing surgeries)
And now everything's going into lock down here and I got cabin fever. Work has shut down for me, they're still running the races in Sydney. But with no spectators, which means they don't need bar or cellar staff :(
My partner, Reilly, is a cleaner and has been getting overtime

But yeah, toilet paper here is more valuable and harder to get than gold. Local supermarkets have started putting Easter eggs where the toilet paper used to be.
I just did 2 weeks work experience at Bunnings while this was all ramping up, and while the store seemed almost empty, the store was beating it's sales targets. The customers they did have, all had planned projects to do whilst in isolation
Clubs and venues are all closed, we're not aloud groups of more than ten, and are encouraged to stay home. But kids are still in school, go figure

Administrator

Miss_Jay wrote:

But kids are still in school, go figure

Yeah, I understand that. Folks who have to work, and have no-one to look after the kids...
That was discussed here. As I understand it, people in that situation can still send their kids in to the school. The rest are to stay home. I gather the are trying to keep the lessons going on the internet.

We're not allowed to go out except for work, essential shopping and unavoidable stuff. Fortunately individual sport is still allowed, and going for a walk in the fresh air in the area around your house. No groups at all are allowed, only families or house mates.
Despite that, I went for a walk yesterday with a close friend of ours. She has been home all week, and is convinced she has CoViD19. I'm not. She might have it, but might just have a cold. I'm not worried about catching whatever she has, because we spent an entire day at her place just as she was coming down with it. So if I were going to get it from her, I'd already have it. It was good to get out, and I reckon I've never seen so many joggers here. But all nicely keeping their distance from one another. 😊

Hi miss Jay glad to see you are still among the living. The Lt Governor of Texas is asking all of us senior citizens to become human sacrifices, so the wealthy will not lose so much money. The orange monkey thinks this covid-19 is all a plot by Democrats to keep him from getting re-elected. I now live deep in orange monkey land (South Carolina) where our good senator was challenging the relief package because the federal unemployment checks were to liberal and that the poor peons here would get so much more money from unemployment checks that they would not go back to work. He is right on that about a third of this states employees make the federal minimum wage of $2.13 per hour. or if the person works 8 hours a day and 30 days a week $511.20 just enough to pay half of the average monthly rent in this area. He backed down when a liberal senator said if you want to go that way I am going to contest this bill because of the 500 billion dollar corporate welfare money you are giving to corporations, our senator then backed down. take catre out there.
dinga