Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

I'm staying home and making sure my mom is doing fine. She's healthy and just passed her 99th birthday. I just go out to do food shopping. People hoarding stuff are utterly ridiculous. It means people who need something are shit out of luck - and for NO reason.

I hope they choke on their god damn toilet paper 🙄

Fortunately, the NY governor is competent and really excellent in an emergency, so dopey donald can spew his garbage but we aren't listening to it.

fuck that greedy bastard. he is losing money because at least 5 - 6 of his hotels are closed. I love it when he is losing money

Administrator

cecilia wrote:

I love it when he is losing money

I can relate to that... 😜

Hi Cecilia Glad to hear you are still with us, and your mom is still doing well. We have a lady in our water aerobics class that is 97 and still doing her best. She has slowed down to twice a week instead of three times a week. The YMCA where we go for aerobics class is shutdown so I just walk to the cul-de-sac and back a few times a day. take care of yourself and mom.

dinga

Yeah, and even though I don't know anyone that is infected (and I hope that stays true), it's weird being in NY with ALL this around me. I'm grateful I have a competent Governor

I mean I see the high numbers and can see people in the food store being stressed out, but basically I'm doing just fine.
Hoping for the best.......

see, this stuff happening in "rural" areas is what is scary. Those poor people

Administrator

Scary shit. Maybe also as a side issue, why it is not a good plan to privatise health care.

I did like the comment at the end "which is why it would be good if we had national leadership. But we don't...".

I guess we're lucky here. The Politicians seem to be pulling together and really trying to keep things under control as best as possible.

The 2 trillion dollar bail out that was just passed by congress 1/4 of that is going senate republicans home states for the business that donate to their re-election campaign Moscow Mitch got his share and even though the bill says that El Pendejo and family will not get any of that, some 50 billion will go to real estate business where they will be able to grab their share do to the wording of the bill.

dinga

Here in Orange Monkey Land people are out shopping in mass. I have been telling people to keep their distance when I have had to go out, three times I have been told by trumpanzees that "why do that this virus thing is just a political hoax". my replay was over 100,000 infected and 2,000 people dead that is some hoax. To day I am planting lettuce, radishes, and carrots in my raised beds. take care out there and stay safe.

dinga

Fortunately, in NY people are making wide circles around each other while shopping

That doesn't mean there aren't idiots here, just not directly near me. Which is what I care about 😀