Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

The Social-Distancing Culture War Has Begun

I believe NY will survive this virus the mayor and the governor both seem to realize what is happening to the world and are not in denial. Here in orange monkey land the politicians are still in denial. I have inside information from the hospitals systems here, one is so screwed up they will probably will go bankrupt. That hospital has changed its name 3 times in the five years I have been here they have changed accounting systems at least three times, each time they changed accounting systems they did it cold rather then run the old system with the new to iron out the bugs in the system as a result of decisions like this there are millions of dollars they can't find. Yesterday the CEO of this hospital resigned and in a teleconference a good many of behind the scenes employees were layed off. The other hospital system in this area (there are only 2 in the state) is in slightly better shape.
dinga

Today South Carolina Governor orders all unessential stores to close. Should have been done 2 weeks ago but he finally did do something.

dinga

Administrator

nubimax wrote:

Today South Carolina Governor orders all unessential stores to close.

That happened here a week or so ago, maybe two.

@ Cecilia: thanks for the link. Thankfully the whole thing is still more or less apolitical here. The two parties in the coalition government are actually getting on with governing instead of infighting. Most of the population seems to have accepted the safety measures more or less. And the media is refraining for the most part from shit-stirring, which might even be the biggest help in the whole business.

audiomick
Indeed! My Governor is being diplomatic with trump, but still bluntly honest. It's something most New Yorkers really appreciate.
I heard the California governor speak about what he's doing and he sounds like he's got things under control - as much as that is possible

It's still stressful - my mother keeps asking me several times a day how I'm feeling.
oy vey

Administrator

cecilia wrote:

..my mother keeps asking me several times a day how I'm feeling.

She's no doubt very worried. For you, but also for herself.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...

She's no doubt very worried. For you, but also for herself.

she's watching too much news. Plus, it's her natural state to worry A LOT.

people around where I live are very careful, so I'm really not worried. I'm cautious and aware, but I try not to stress over things.

I could only wish thata people here would this virus seriously. but many still thank it is still a hoax to get El Pendejo out of office.

dinga

Administrator

cecilia wrote:

I'm cautious and aware, but I try not to stress over things.

Good attitude. 😉

@ Dinga: I gather your feeble leader is starting to take it seriously himself. Amongst other things, Trump Holdings is losing money hand over fist. If nothing else, that should wake him up. I just hope he doesn't force the end of caution to try and get his business running again.

Nope what e has done is to turn this nation into thieves and pirates. Stealing and hijacking medical supplies from other nations.

dinga