Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

The Presidential Debate last night was a farce. More like two Tom cats howling on the back fence, the moderator needed an old shoe to throw at them but could not seam to find one.

dinga

Administrator

Yeah, that was in the news here. Is it to be expected that Biden lets himself be agitated by someone as transparent as Trump?

I would have thought Biden would just have to keep a cool head and let Trump destroy himself.

What sort of a chance has Biden got? I have heard everything from "fairly sure chance of winning" all the way to "Trump is there to stay". How does it look from there?

Administrator

the outcome depends entirely on how many people vote. If people stay home like they did in 2016, we are fucked. If they come out in droves we at least have a shot at Biden and some kind of normalcy.

the difference between 2016 and now is that there are a bunch of Republican voters who are horrified at trump. They have been speaking their minds on this channel for months. Frankly, I'm amazed at this. I would never have predicted this reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/c/RepublicanVotersAgainstTrump

I read today that republican leaders were in an uproar because of how many democrats have mailed in ballots, and how few republicans have mailed in ballots. Maybe something to that. I know here In South Carolina the state at the last minute has made it harder to vote by mail. Now you need two witness people to sign that it is your ballot that you are turning in. as well as your sworn statement that it is.

dinga

Administrator

I suspect there's going to be shenanigans with the voting process

it's actually mostly republican (old people) that use mail in ballots, but who knows how it's going to go this year

Administrator

Yes, it is obvious that Trump is already preparing the ground for accusations (from him) of irregularities in the voting system (particularly his raving about postal voting...). Whether he is pre-epmting accusations against him , or just paving the way to question the ballot results is hard to say. Probably both.

Hopefully he will dig his own grave deep enough before November....

Administrator

calling the proud boys to "monitor the polls" is really revolting. Voter intimidation is clearly illegal, not to mention UNAmerican.

people better be watching for trouble.

Administrator

I guess Corona has dealt the cards new.

Administrator

I knew it was just a matter of time before trump - and obviously a large list of his staff - got infected.
I don't wish anyone ill but this disregard he has for evidence and science will invariably result in bad life choices

Cecilia You are a much better person then I am.

dinga