Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

It has been cold wet and miserably gloomy here this winter more like the Oregon coast then the sunny south.

The good lady and I have had our fist jabs of the pfister vaccine will get the second on the 16 February. We are still alive and not screaming at each other in this confinement, though tired of looking at the same walls.

The good lady has informed me that she has us booked into resorts here on Hilton Head Island in Septembe, October, and December. Does this give you an idea how bored she is.

dinga

Administrator

I still can't find any appointments for a vaccine, but the J&J vaccine should be approved soon, so, hopefully, I'll get mine eventually. I know a few people who have already gotten theirs.

Administrator

My girlfriend's Parents haven had theirs yet, although the mother is in a home and therefore should be up for it shortly. Father has to make an appointment. I think he has one, but it is in a few weeks.

My Parents: according to my brother, they are planning to even start vaccinating in Australia until June or so. The numbers are low there, and the shut down everything at the slightest sign of an increase. On the strength of that, the vaccinations "can wait" a while.

For me and my girlfriend: we're early 50's, and I don't expect that we'll be in line before summer.

our second jab was cancelled. they ran out of vaccine. The good lady found a place nearly 100 miles away and got an appointment for it only had one jab but she got it. I have a appointment for Tuesday the 23d for a second jab. hope they don't run out again.
dinga

Administrator

....they are planning to even start vaccinating in Australia until June....

Considering that the airlines (Qantas, I believe) have claimed that people need proof of vaccination to travel, I'd say that for the most part, Australia is probably safe. You are less likely to have some cootie-infested American traveling your way.

Administrator

cecilia wrote:

You are less likely to have some cootie-infested American traveling your way.

My family, at least. I'm in Germany. As far as it goes, the numbers aren't that bad here. I believe the neighbouring countries all around have higher numbers. But it is not under control here yet.

I think the politicians here are doing the right thing for the most part. We'll see. I don't reckon we will have a stable situation here until next autumn.

Administrator

as near as I can see the country with the BIGGEST problem is the United States of America.
We had a year of shit from a moron. All the lying and disinformation caused - at this point - 500,000 deaths. Many of them quite needless.

It's only when the US of A gets their god-damn act together will the rest of the world be safe from us.

Administrator

cecilia wrote:

It's only when the US of A gets their god-damn act together will the rest of the world be safe from us.

Not only regarding the Corona situation.
I'm hoping Uncle Joe will fix a few things.

He's an old bugger, but he has chosen a good vice-obermufti. Competent, and also a politically clever choice, as far as I can tell from here. If he turns up his toes, I think she will be a bonus.

Administrator

good news

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-linked-to-85-and-94-drop-in-coronavirus-hospital-admissions-in-scotland-study-shows-12225532

Administrator

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/02/how-public-health-messaging-backfired/618147/

people should have a more positive outlook.