Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.
Administrator

While I realize that the US has a HUGE infection rate and really needs vaccines to keep the rest of the world safe, I do want everyone else to get vaccinated. Other vaccines are being worked on. I hope they are available soon.

glad to hear that you have got it. I have had my two and have started back to water aerobics, over did it this morning and knees swollen now. Look more like two basketballs.

dinga

Administrator

From Governor Cuomo:
"As of 11am this morning, 30.4 percent of New Yorkers have completed at least one vaccine dose. Over the past 24 hours, 192,853 total doses have been administered. To date, New York administered 9,421,951 total doses with 17.9 percent of New Yorkers completing their vaccine series."

Since I got my 2nd shot this morning I am now part of that 17.9%
WOOT!!

sorry about your knees. Sounds like it's time for my friend, Ben Gay 🤣

I find that bag balm works better for me. much better on the right knee then the left knee, I don't understand why that is because the right is a combination of metal and plastic.

dinga

Administrator

ah, so you had knee replacement.

I know at least two people who had both knees replaced. What a complicated operation that is!

more complicated than my brother's hip replacements

Administrator

almost everyone in my family and small circles of friends are vaccinated.

and, good news (although I'm not surprised) :

"The emerging data confirms what many of us thought would be the case—that not only do the vaccines stop symptomatic COVID, but they also make it highly unlikely that someone can even be infected at all."

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/new-data-on-covid-19-transmission-by-vaccinated-individuals.html

Administrator

today Governor Cuomo released this:

COVID hospitalizations dropped to 3,117, the lowest since November 26. Of the 173,527 tests reported yesterday, 3,146, or 1.81 percent, were positive. The 7-day average positivity rate was 2.02 percent. There were 712 patients in ICU yesterday, down 16 from the previous day. Of them, 444 are intubated. Sadly, we lost 32 New Yorkers to the virus.

As of 11am this morning, 45.1 percent of New Yorkers have completed at least one vaccine dose. Over the past 24 hours, 217,141 total doses have been administered. To date, New York has administered 14,920,139 total doses with 32.6 percent of New Yorkers completing their vaccine series.

Erie County is partnering with local breweries to help distribute the COVID-19 vaccines. As part of the "Shot and Chaser" program, participating breweries will set up pop-up vaccination clinics and adults age 21 and up can stop by for a vaccine and receive a beer on the house. The program also applies for the second shot. So far, Resurgence and Flying Bison brewing companies in South Buffalo have agreed to join the effort.

Administrator

That all sounds great. I like the "innovative ideas" to get people to go an get their shots. 😀

Things are slowly accelerating here, I think. Last Wednesday they topped a million vaccinations in one day (for the whole country) for the first time.

There are numbers and graphs here
impfdashboard

it's all in German of course, but you should be able to get the gist.

For some reason there is a weekly cycle in there. I expect the numbers will go back down towards the weekend. Hopefully they'll be back up and over the million mark next week on Wednesday or Thursday, and hopefully the upwards trend will continue.

Johnson & Johnson have started delivering here, and I expect that to increase as the get into gear. I was a headline the other day referring to a fifth vaccine that is allegedly just short of getting approved.

Maybe we are through the worst of it, even though it is still a long road to "all is well".

Administrator

As soon as I clicked on the link Google insisted on translating the page for me 🤣

progress is happening!! It looks good. I have to check with my family in Belgium to see if any of them have been vaccinated yet. Their mother is about my age so she should have been vaccinated but the others are young.