Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

The good lady and I have both had both of the pfitzer doses for about 2 months now. celebrated the good lady's 79th birthday by going out to a restaurant for lunch yesterday, first time in a restaurant since October 2019. Big smile on both of are faces.

dinga

Administrator

that is FanTasTic!

My friends will be having Memorial Day (actually on Sunday) BBQ. Basically, we will all or mostly be vaccinated so it's going to be a Normal BBQ.

Administrator

I'm really pleased to hear things like that. Seems like your country is picking up again now that the orange monkey is back in his cage.

Germany has got things pretty well under control, I reckon, even if the various "News" providers here are still trying to make us believe that the sky is falling. The number of vaccinated is increasing slowly but steadily and at an increasing rate. Here in Leipzig where I live, the incidence is down to under 55% and sinking. We'll see what happens in the next days. Bars were allowed to open their "open-air" spaces a couple of days ago. Might mean a setback.

All in all, I'm glad I'm here. Even France and Italy are doing it a lot harder than here. And then there is Brasil, or White Russia, or India. And the list goes on.

Administrator

The orange monkey is distracted by his legal problems at the moment and I'm loving that.

Yes, the world really has to do something about Brazil and India especially. If we hadn't kicked trump out of the White House parts of the US would look as bad as Brazil now.

Administrator

this is today's report from the Governor:

May 27, 2021.

New Yorkers have worked hard to contain the spread of the virus and their tireless efforts are being proven more and more successful every day. Yesterday, the State recorded the lowest positivity rate since August 27 and our 7-day positivity rate has been declining for 52 straight days. As we head into Memorial Day weekend, I encourage New Yorkers to remain vigilant, celebrate responsibly and if you haven't already—get vaccinated. On Monday, we will take a moment to remember our fallen servicemen and women who sacrificed their lives to protect our freedoms and our security. Have a nice and safe weekend.

1. Schools will reopen for full in-person learning this September. Based on the current COVID trajectory, all New York State schools will reopen for full in-person learning for the 2021-2022 school year. There is no substitute for in-person learning and as things currently stand, there is no reason why our students should not get back to in-person learning as usual.

2. COVID hospitalizations dropped to 1,223. Of the 162,450 tests reported yesterday, 1,055, or 0.65 percent, were positive. The 7-day average percent positivity was 0.81 percent. There were 300 patients in ICU yesterday, up three from the previous day. Of them, 177 are intubated. Sadly, we lost 10 New Yorkers to the virus.

3. As of 11am this morning, 64.4 percent of adult New Yorkers have completed at least one vaccine dose. Over the past 24 hours, 87,791 total doses have been administered. To date, New York administered 18,715,969 total doses with 55.8 percent of adult New Yorkers completing their vaccine series.

here in South Carolina we are just over 36% have completed their vaccine series and nary a mask in sight. This may just be the most ignorant place I have ever lived, It is quite common here to see after a stop light turns red for the next 3 cars to make a left hand turn against the red light. here in the upstate we average 3 deaths a week in auto accidents due to not wearing a seat belt and 2 deaths per week from motorcycle accidents for not wearing a helmet. I have given up trying to keep up with the number of people shot every week. I some times think this place has never interred the 20th century let alone the 21st.

dinga

Administrator

wow! it's like they are all trying to win the Darwin Awards.
well, I guess you can't fix stupid

speaking of idiots, this guy - https://www.businessinsider.com/ted-cruz-gop-senators-bring-bill-to-ban-vaccine-passports-2021-5
is another first class moron.
the government doesn't need to deal with vaccine passports AT ALL. This is strictly a business thing. I'm sure airlines will eventually insist on this. Months ago Qantas already said they would require vaccination to travel on their planes. And Europe sure doesn't want cooties coming over from tourists. It's just good business sense.

Administrator

I got my first CoViD vaccination today. 😀

It was quite unexpected: I had left my name at my GP practice as "volunteer" for anything they had lying around. Today they rang up and said they had a dose "left over" if I would like to come round and get it. The second dose is scheduled for the 22 June. .

My girlfriend will get her first dose at work on the 15th. (next tuesday), and her second on the 6. July. 😀

Good news. Glad to hear you have got the shot and the second is coming soon.

dinga

Administrator

From Governor Cuomo:

"We've come a long way in six months. Exactly six months ago, on December 14, 2020, Sandra Lindsay, an ICU nurse at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in Queens, became the first person in the nation to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Since then, more than 20 million vaccine doses have been administered in New York State alone. As of today, exactly half of all New Yorkers have received at least one dose of the vaccine, and our adult vaccination rate is a hair's breadth away from 70 percent—the goal we set when we will lift most remaining COVID restrictions. After Sandra Lindsay received her first dose, she said, "There is hope." She was right. Now we must continue to get out the word to unvaccinated New Yorkers and work to accelerate the reopening of our state.

1. COVID hospitalizations fell to 617. Of the 61,634 tests reported yesterday, 320, or 0.52 percent, were positive. The 7-day average percent positivity was 0.41 percent, among the lowest in the nation. There were 163 patients in ICU yesterday, down seven from the previous day. Of them, 92 are intubated. Sadly, we lost seven New Yorkers to the virus.

2. As of 11am this morning, 69.9 percent of adult New Yorkers have completed at least one vaccine dose, per the CDC. After we reach 70 percent, most remaining COVID restrictions will be lifted. Over the past 24 hours, 37,284 total doses have been administered. To date, New York administered 20,099,155 total doses with 61.3 percent of adult New Yorkers completing their vaccine series.

3. The Great New York State Fair will reopen at 100 percent capacity. The State Fair is an iconic New York tradition, and I'm so glad the Fair can reopen at full capacity, given the incredible progress we have made in bringing the number of COVID cases down. Most popular buildings at the Fairgrounds will be open, adhering to health guidelines. The State Fair will be an 18-day-long event featuring New York's best food and drink, rides and games, entertainment, and agricultural education. We hope we'll see you in Syracuse at the end of summer!"