Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.
Administrator

Looking at the Boost website where customers complain about things, It appears as if others have had similar problems and a possible solution is to have Boost unlock the phone.

I think I'll try that, especially as I will need the phone unlocked eventually because I plan to move to another company that has cheaper rates.

Administrator

Good luck with the phone.

And good luck with the storm that is on the way. Hang on to your hat....

Administrator

Well, I had to change the car from my mother's name to mine, change the insurance from her name to mine and change the plates on the car.

I finally finished all of that today.
WHEW!

the storm was mostly lots of rain. Not a big deal. I'm too exhausted to deal with the phone today. I'll do that another day!

Administrator

cecilia wrote:

the storm was mostly lots of rain. Not a big deal.

please to hear that. We saw some "exciting" pictures on TV here, from Rhode Island, I think.

Good luck with the phone when you get around to it.

Administrator

good news!

I did a "chat" with the Boost people and told them that I thought the solution was to unlock my phone. Everyone was very pleasant but I was immediately transferred to a guy in the tech dept.

After giving him the various numbers they need, he asked me to turn off the phone for a couple of minutes.

he was going to send some secret 'whatever' to it.
when I turned the phone back on, to my surprise it was online. I called the house phone, which rang!

yippy!

I think the secret is you have to threaten to get them to unlock the phone.
Or something. 🀣

Administrator

Glad to hear you got it sorted. πŸ˜€

Administrator

Yes! They even gave me a credit for the weeks I didn't have service.
Which is nice.

Eventually, I'll want to go to another company because I need to get something cheaper. My brother uses Consumer Celular and he says he gets good signals.

I think sprint and t-mobile (what Boost uses) are ok but my house is a 'dead zone' for sprint. It always has been for years. My old phone would barely function in the house. I had to go out to the driveway to get a signal.

This new phone which is a Samsung can get a signal. It only gets two bars IN the HOUSE! but at least when I was talking to my brother we heard each other just fine.
Anyway, I just want to switch to get cheaper rates.

Administrator

cecilia wrote:

... t-mobile (what Boost uses)...

Did you know that t-mobile ist german? Belongs to Deutsche Telekom. πŸ˜‰

I use t-mobile, and always have done. They are a long way from being the cheapest, but they still have the best coverage here. That is the most important thing for me as a freelance sound engineer. I don't use the phone that often, actually, but there are occasions when the phone absolutely has to work. ☺️

Administrator

No, I did not know that.

Whenever I'd had the chance to use a phone (someone else's) that is on T-mobile, the signal seems great. So, I'm not sure what is going on inside my house.
I wonder if it's poltergeists 🀣