Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.
Administrator

I'd rather work.

warfacegod wrote:

I'd rather work.

yeah, me too. Don't care what it is, I'd rather work. Then you have those that prefer to do that instead. It's really screwed seeing them out in the heat of the day here holding up their signs. Now you're also seeing some holding up signs claiming to be homeless vets. Some will have their dogs there knowing that people feel for the animals. Sick.

When I was young you could make a decent living in this country. Now in less you know some one you don't have much of a chance. In 1970 I was making a little over $9.00 an hour. witch was about average for a factory worker in Oregon, you could buy a new car for under $2,500 a house for under $20,000 if new construction under $30,000. Now every thing has gone up a thousand % except electronics and wages. Glad I am not out there busting my ass in this economy. If I was just starting out in life I would probably head to Canada.

Administrator

I was thinking about going to Mexico. Then I remembered that I won't be legally allowed to leave the States until I'm nearly 42. Fek.

Been there done that and have the tee shirt to prove it.

Administrator

Shit hoss, that you and the dear lady lived there is what gave me the idea.

Administrator

Ten minutes ago:

Bum: Excuse me sir, can you spare a quarter?

-w: Shit man, I'm just as homeless as you.

Bum: Well then, can you spare a dollar?

Administrator

Are you fucking kidding me!? Seriously, this has just gotten stupid. And pathetic. This was ten minutes after I did give money to a bum. I gave the girl on the corner, playing guitar and singing, a dollar. Why? Because she's doing something.

I see no difference between her on a corner and Metallica on a stage. Plus she's got great legs. Like Tina Turner quality legs. And this cute little afro. It's not the first time I've seen her or given her money. I'm thinking about buying her dinner.

support the arts

especially if she has great legs

LOL

I knew someone whose stepson had come to visit them a few years back. he was living on the streets in California. She offered to help find him a place to live and a job. He told her no that he'd enjoyed living on the streets. Wasn't too long afterwards that they found him dead on the streets. Forget if natural or what. But he refused their help for the life on the streets instead.