Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

The good lady told me today that she ordered a 50 inch TV and wall mount. Also said some thing about a netflex box what ever that is. Now we have not had a TV for almost 20 years. probably have to go back to school to learn how to use it. Nah I will just get Tommy from up the street to show me how.

dinga

Administrator

You don't need to relearn being a couch potato.

But, but, we don't have a couch.

Administrator

Well, you've a TV. May as well go whole hog and get a couch. Pretty soon it'll be tables and curtains and (gasp, dare I say it?) comforters and stairs! Maybe even get a doorway!? Dun. Dun. DUN!

Administrator

nubimax wrote:

...some thing about a netflex box what ever that is....

That would most likely be this

Wikipedia article

Their website is probably
www.netflix.com

Not something I would subscribe to, but I hear that they produce some pretty high quality content themselves. Might be ok.

Seems a lot of people are into that and also Amazons stuff too.

The good lady lady is now telling me she is not sure what she is going to use. The girls next door will instruct her in what she will get. Only thing I know for sure is that the good lady bought a Smart TV.

Have you got hooked to your wifi yet? We bought a replacement for the one in the bedroom. I didn't even pay any attention until I was hooking up and it asked for wifi connections. Told it no.

Administrator

nubimax wrote:Only thing I know for sure is that the good lady bought a Smart TV.

nubimax wrote:

Only thing I know for sure is that the good lady bought a Smart TV.

These days, they're all "smart". warfacemommy is terrified of them. Rockefeller is stealing her identity with it, or something.

Administrator

nubimax wrote:

...Only thing I know for sure is that the good lady bought a Smart TV.

If you're not sure about that: Wikipedia

We bought a TV about a year and a half ago. We got a very good deal on an "old stock" Löwe flat screen TV. I told the bloke at the time that internet capabilities in a TV were not at all interesting. In hindsight, I'm not sure if that is really true. I think, like always with a tool, it comes down to what you do with it. smile