Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

Zorin 12.3 has many applications that I like. Has a map ap of the world that you can use right down to the street you live on. Comes with aisleriot solitaire, mahjong, and sudoku. Which are the games I like to play. Internet comes with chromium web browser, and under system tools it is just a single click to add Firefox, Midori, Midodri private browsing, and Web. Comes with the usual libre office collection. It also comes with wine which is some thing I have never used before. So far every thing look and works well. Over the years I have heard many negative remarks about Zorin, but as of what I have seen so far this looks and works great the more I look the better I like it.

dinga

That's wonderful Nubi. I've often wondered about that one and also about Pinguy. Which one did you get? Isn't that the one that offers setups similar to certain Windows flavors, Mac etc? I just downloaded Fedora a few days ago and burned the Cinnamon and the Gnome to DVD's to check out. I've been interested in checking out Zorin as well. At one time it was easy to see what their 'premium' and 'free' were to download but now when I went to their site I had trouble telling the difference as to which was which. I also like the mahjong and solitaire. Never tried the others. The map app sounds interesting as well.

Administrator

I used Pinguy for a few months some years ago. It's heavy on system resources. Not really surprising since it (and Zorin, if memory serves) is built specifically for noobs coming directly from Windows.

I'm staying away from KDE on the Fedora testing. Have Cinnamon, Mate and their Gnome seeing how it goes. But I hate that damn KDE. I remember Pinguy but seems to be no longer around. The Full Monty I don't know any more. It went away then all of a sudden showed up but think it's gone again.

I may still have a dvd with pinguy on it I don't if I threw it out when cleaning out or not I have a drawer full of old iso's plus three dvd books of 24 dvd's each I will give a look and see if I still have pinguy. If you want a minimalist install you would not want zorin it has a lot of stuff in it that I would never use. and a lot of stuff that I like.

Yep. I remember that Zorin came with a lot of stuff. Years ao I had Pinguy on a DVD but it was way too dark of an OS. One thing I liked about The Full Monty was that it had a screen for everything. One for office, one for utilities etc. It went on for each set of applications.

pinguy still exist it is based on Ubuntu the latest came out in July 2018, and it is based on Ubuntu 18.04.
dinga

That's good. Some like it. Last time I had taken a glance at it years ago it was a tad bit too dark for my eyes. Did like the looks of The Full Monty though. Just was going to take forever for me to download and didn't have the time to do so. Decided to put something else in the virtualbox I had at the time. Forget what it was now.

Back to zorin, I loaded in all my old photos and music. Then I tried to load my newer photos and don't have enough space left to do it. I believe there is just under 500Gigs that I dedicated to this distro. something tells me I have either too much music or too many photos. This is the first time I have maxed out a distro.

dinga

Wow. Wonder if it's the music.