Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

Had updates on Sparky and Firefox this pass week now can no longer view you tube videos. some have sound but no video and some have neither. So need to learn weather it was the Firefox or Sparky update that cause this. I have 3 different Sparky installs plus Zorin, Slax, and Rebellin. 2 of the Spark's I never update. will see if I can figure this out and will post back.
dinga

Administrator

My money is on FF.

Thinking same thing. FF has some screwed up messes during their updates

Just found out since I was last to you tube they have changed a lot of things, Firefox tube has working fine on Zorin. Just that you tube changed their format considerably since I was last here. I get a message that Firefox 52.5 not compatible with new you tube.
dinga

Check this search link. Might be of help.
Saw this link. It's on the FF thing. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1227671

I ran a search and found a group of people having various issues on this.

I would post the search link but I'm using Palemoon at moment and it's their own search engine. I hardly use FF on my desktop. Bitch is one hell of a resource hog especially if I run certain websites such as FB to contact family members or certain friends. So usually here on Palemoon on the desktop.

will have to use pale moon more often, I have FF, palemoon, chrome, Vivaldi, Midori, Opera, and tor. on this sparky. all work on you tube but FF. will check out the link you posted. On sparky 4.5 FF works on you tube 4.7 does not work, on 5.3 it works. Having lots of fun with this and thanks for the link.

Hope it helps out. FF just screws my cpu usage on the desktop whereas Palemoon don't unless I'm running Facebook. Then it can rev up real fast like.

Administrator

That's a Facebook problem not the browser, GB.

I know. Facebook has been fucking with a lot of people. But I like Palemoon over FF esr that Debian is using. Was thinking about checking out one of the others also.