Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

I did have a couple that it wouldn't download even though I had selected which format I wanted to download as. One of them was the song we had talked about sounding Celtic. Forget what the other was.

Administrator

That's happened to me as well. Often I'll try again a few days later and it will work. I think it's related to available bandwidth somehow.

I'll have to go back once in a while then and try to download that one you posted then. Really loved it.

Damn. I just tried going to Youtube on the Hannah Peel's Almond Tree. All I see is 'subscribe' now. Not any kind of download available. This is using Palemoon. Shouldn't make any difference since it's Youtube. Will try FF and see if any difference. Don't expect to see any. Really was wanting to download that along with some of her others. She has a very beautiful voice.

Just checked with FF. Somehow it has the download selection on Youtube. And this time it let me download it. Saw something about orange. Going to check and if possible download that as well.

Crap. Went to play those videos I had downloaded(or so I thought I had) and wasn't able to open with anything. Kept getting error messages. Double checked and nothing what actually there. Did show the reel on one DE but the others just showed the file bit. Deleted and tried to download again. This time I looked at them as I was selecting which format I wanted. Showed '0' data to download. That sucks. Guess youtube won't allow Hannah Peels to be downloaded using their own downloader that shows under the video. And none of the apps for FF worked in there either so worthless at this rate for certain videos. Wonder if another way. Did like those songs too.

Administrator

https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

youtube-dl is also integrated with mpv, so you can just run mpv https://youtube.com/watch?v=... and it will stream the video automatically for you.

I was able to download the Hannah Peel videos I was looking at plus another one of hers. Very good ones. Love that voice. I used the FVD to do it.

Administrator

Georgiaboy wrote:

Damn. I just tried going to Youtube on the Hannah Peel's Almond Tree. All I see is 'subscribe' now. Not any kind of download available. This is using Palemoon. Shouldn't make any difference since it's Youtube. Will try FF and see if any difference. Don't expect to see any. Really was wanting to download that along with some of her others. She has a very beautiful voice.

Just checked with FF. Somehow it has the download selection on Youtube. And this time it let me download it. Saw something about orange. Going to check and if possible download that as well.

Just go to pirate bay and boost it.

Got all three using FVD>

Can't you also use wiget or whatever it is in the terminal somehow to download videos? I can't remember. Been too long.