Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

I started by putting Manjaro on a usb stick, Computer would see the stick but but not the distro on the stick. I used dd to put manjaro on the stick. I then but Manjaro on a DVD this the computer saw, so I installed it. Went to try and use Manjaro it was slow just like I was on the telephone modem when I lived in Hawaii 20 years ago.
Next I tried Sparky Linux 5.5 lxqt Based on Debian testing I did not find this gui friendly I mean 3 different steps just to get to FF Could not put any thing that I normally use on the upper panel. There is no way I could use this. So I tried PC Linux and found no Grub so after 3 more different distro installs all with no Grub I went back to my old cure it distro ubuntu 10.4 loaded it then cured the grub problem. Then I put rebillin 3.5 on and I am using it till I find something that I like.
dinga

I had problems getting Manjaro to boot from USB until I installed it using ImgBurn. DVD's run a ridiculously slow speeds and don't reflect installed speed. If you don't have Windows, imgBurn runs in WINE.
Puppy Linux is certainly not GUI friendly and manually editing the panels isn't that easy

May bad, I misread "puppy" instead of sparky somehow

Wonder why Manjaro is way too slow on the pc like that.

Does this work for editing panels? I have about an hour left on downloads before I can check it

@ GB I have no idea why it runs so slow, Make that ran it is no longer on there. I have 3 or 4 more distro's that I can look at one out of South Africa called Mankulu looks interesting, will look at it after a nap. Us old farts need our naps.
dinga

dd has worked for several distros that I ave tried. Manjaro was very slow after install, was not running from the disk. now I am off for nap.
dinga

I have settled on using Devuan 2.o.o with Mate desktop for my main Computer. Looks and feels a lot like Wheezy to me.

dinga.

Administrator

I couldn't get Devuan to install and run. Let me know how it works out.

Wheezy? Wow. I miss that one and Squeeze. Think Squeeze was the better though.