Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

A bit hard for me to describe the problem as I don't have a Google account and this is not happening on my old S3.

Is absolutely eating the battery, however, on my wife's phone which is much newer (not sure which it is but I think an S7) phone and she does have a google account.

She is of the opinion that this pain was foisted on her phone by Facebook but looks to me like it was done by our wonderful provider Verison.

Hoping someone here can give me some information on what looks to me to be nothing but malware. Need to do something about this as she really needs her phone to keep track of my Dreaded Mother in Law. Is not helpful when her phone is fully charged in the evening and then goes dead while she is at work the next day without even having to use the phone at all.

I think I have gotten a handle on how to disable the thing from;
https://fossbytes.com/peel-remote-use-remove-smart-remote/

But don't want to recommend this to her without some sort of better information on this thing. I have little use for remote control devices personally. I really don't watch TV unless someone else has it running and I am in the room and that is the only remotely controlled thing we own.

Her phone is not used as a remote by the way so it really isn't something she has any interest in either.

Administrator

Don't know anything about that app, but I would be inclined to take steps to remove it.

Apart from that, does the wife have her WiFi and GPS turned on all the time? I don't, and my battery lasts between 2 days and a week, depening on how many calls I make.

And don't forget, the battery may be just getting old. How old is the phone? Having said that, mine is at least 5 years old, and the battery is still apparently ok. Mine is a Mobistel Android device.

Administrator

Kill it. I would also be sure she doesn't have Bluetooth on continuously.

Administrator

warfacegod wrote:

... Bluetooth...

Yeah, forgot that one until about an hour after I wrote that last post.

Administrator

It's what I'm here for and live for.