Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

I have finely got around to looking at Fat dog. Need to look at it some more, but so far I have seen no improvement over Puppy and I find it very hard to shut down.

Administrator

nubimax wrote:

... I find it very hard to shut down.

What is the difficulty?

Administrator

As a last resort to situations like that, I get impatient and yank the cord out.

Try Debian Dog yet?

I've tried puppy but not crazy of staying in 'root' all the time.

@ audiomick would not even shut down from CL had to do a hard shut down.
@ GB no I have not.
@ wfg that works every time.

Administrator

nubimax wrote:

@ audiomick would not even shut down from CL had to do a hard shut down.

Sounds pretty broken to me.

It was but operator error was part of the problem. I down loaded Fatdog 8.0 which was a Development release, Now I have downloaded Fatdog 7.20 and no more problems shutting down. The problem I have with it is the fonts on the screen are so small I have to use my big magnifying glass to try and read the screen of the monitor. when I went in and tried to enlarge the font from 96 to 180 I got nowhere. This is the first time I have this kind of numbers for a font as well.

dinga

Was going to ask what you used in cli to try in shutdown. Was wondering if it was 'poweroff' in the cli or something else. Any rate looks like you've got a regular one now. Font is something would have to be dug into. I've never ran into the numbers for font bit.

Was talking to someone about this and they suggested: "Open up rox filer window>rightclick anywhere on an empty space>options>pinboard>font-settings." Don't know if you did this already or if will help or not. I'm in the Fatdog's faq and also help spots trying to find something. Will let know if do.

Found the beginners guide listed here. Don't know if you got that already or not. http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/web/#docs