Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

Hope this is the right place for this.

If I pull up the main page for the forum and then go to log in it always fails. Get a message that the captcha stuff isn't working. Always.

If I simply go to any of the forum sections and login on the identical page that comes up hitting those "Login" buttons there is no problem.

As this has worked well three times I checked the remember me button so as long as I keep my browser open it should be fine. But my cookies are wiped when I drop the browser window used for any site so I do need to actually log in each time. Thought I would try the button just see if it will work for me.

Not sure it will simply because of the way my system is set up. Thought it would be fun though.

But figured you may want to know about the login issue.

Just logged out and then tried to log back in from the main page. Didn't work. Didn't get any message at all. Just the user and password boxes went blank.

Hit back button and then clicked on the Welcome forum heading and had no problem logging in from that login button at all.

Easy work around obviously and rather entertaining.

I definitely have things too tightly locked down to be "remembered". Even leaving the window open and just logging out obviously didn't hang onto that function. This is absolutely all right with me. Just interesting.

Administrator

Hopefully Sam will have a look at this.

Administrator

The captcha acts oddly if you have javascript disabled. I didn't notice it because I'm on a residential network that hasn't been reported for bots, so I almost never get it. I'll disable the captcha for the login page.

sheybey wrote:

The captcha acts oddly if you have javascript disabled. I didn't notice it because I'm on a residential network that hasn't been reported for bots, so I almost never get it. I'll disable the captcha for the login page.

But it is the same login page I get from any place. Today I opened the forums. Didn't log in, clicked on this thread in the display there and then logged in from the top of that page. Same login page. No problem at all.

I'm starting to have issues with logging in at times also now. At times it takes me about three or four times to finally get logged in. Keep getting password or username incorrect.

Georgiaboy wrote:

I'm starting to have issues with logging in at times also now. At times it takes me about three or four times to finally get logged in. Keep getting password or username incorrect.

If it was me making that particular comment the solution would be simple - learn to type.

I actually put off posting this as a problem for several days due to the suspicion that it was probably completely my typing skills that were to blame.

Wasn't my typing skills though. I was even watching where the fingers were when doing so and getting same thing. Sometimes I get right in and others it takes a bit to do so. Kinda gets frustrating at times.

But it makes for some FUN for grumpy geezers.

Got to get entertainment where you can find it.

And the way my mind likes to wander it don't take much for entertainment either. ;)