Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

I have been looking at elementary OS, reminds me of a mac OS. I don't have anything good to say about this OS but there must be something good about it. First thing I found was that I could not enlarge the print, needed to use to big magnifying glass to read the instructions. The installation is graphical. Comes with the Pantheon Desktop, and uses DEB package management. Does not come with a office suite(could not even find abi word). I found trying to pick an apt to download very difficult. what I mean by that is that you need some sort of program to write with and it does not come with one. For me this is not something to leave on the experimental.
dinga

Administrator

Seems to be a bit of an experiment with desktops on an Ubuntu base.

Hier in the Wiki
Wikipedia article

I also looked briefly at a couple of german language articles. The resemblance to mac OS was mentioned several times, so you are not alone with that thought, Dinga.

In the German Wiki, it was mentioned that the paucity of programs, e.g. the lack of a writing program, was due to differences of opinion between developer arising from a policy of "pure" GTK+ applications.

From what I read, and what you write, I don't think I need to try that distribution. 😉

Administrator

I've not heard of pantheon. Similar to anything in Linux?

a very simple desktop, consisting of the icon and a dock. By default you cannot put
an icon on the desktop. and the right click is disabled, and that is about all I learned about it.