Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.
Administrator

The idea to create the Open Linux Forums was born when warfacegod and I were having issues with some of the management over at the Ubuntu forums.

It started out with free hosting and software, and with this version we are at the 3rd release of the forums.

I am an IT consultant and work a lot on Red Hat servers, but Debian and Slackware are more to my heart.

Again, welcome to the family and enjoy your stay.

how many years ago was THAT????

I barely remember.
Third time is a charm?
yes!

Hope it's the charm.
Red Hat? Surprised you're not doing Debian servers also.

Administrator

I believe the first setup was in 2008.

And Debian servers are highly uncommon in enterprise environments.

I can remember that you and wfg talked to me about it and gave link. Was really a comfortable place from the beginning on. Liked how if someone called you a S.O.B you called back and then it was supposed to be dropped and not continued any longer. :)

I knew that Red Hat was top dog in enterprise servers but thought that Debian was running second in place on this.

Administrator

Linux for enterprise servers are mainly Red Hat, then some SUSE.
Ubuntu servers are almost neglectable in number.

Of course, there is still a fair number of real unix servers out there as well, but it's ever decreasing.

Didn't think that there were many Ubuntu ones. Seems to be going after other things like cell phones or did for a while any rate. Now don't know what the hell the company is up to.