Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

I've always liked signatures on forum posts, but the only thing I dislike is the signature blending into the post itself.
Could we get a line to split the post from the signature? Or maybe an option to do it ourselves?

This may not bother everyone, but what does everyone else think?

Administrator

Good idea.

Administrator

There is a very subtle separator between the post and the signature.

Should you want to use a "proper" separator, you can try with the following:

Which looks like this:

If that still does not satisfy your needs, maybe Sam can look into it.

I've noticed the *** separator, but it appears to just create the equivalent of hitting enter twice?
Maybe that's just the old version of firefox I'm forced to use, though. It may be different for everyone.

Administrator

For me it looks like this:
Separator

...I forget where I was when I added my little sig...could have when sortin' my profile...it was bloody simple for me so should be a piece of cake for everyone else...

Administrator

It's very hard to see the line that separates Auswels' signature because there is no padding in between it and the code block in his signature. I'll look into this and several other minor theme problems when I'm writing the dark theme.

Unfortunately, that likely won't be for a while. I'm coming up on the end of the semester so I'm studying for exams pretty constantly, and when I'm not doing that I'm at work. In fact, I'm at work right now. Don't tell my boss that I'm posting here!