Open Linux Forums
Like Ubuntu forums, except with beer.

I changed Zorin 13 to the Newer Zorin 15. I am beginning to think some changes to linux have been made that I am not aware of. I am not able to find a way to make changes to this distro. It goes to sleep after 5 minutes, I would like to change that to 30 minutes, have not found a way to change fonts. The only reason to keep this Is that the good lady likes this version of Freecell. Looks like I will have to do a lot of reading about this Distro will let you know what I find.

dinga

Eureka! I found how to change fonts, and sleep time settings. I will see what else I can find. kind of strange the way this works but now that I have clue I'll kept working at it.

dinga

Administrator

Cool. 🙂

Wow I made a small mistake here, maybe I should say large mistake I have the fonts so large that I have to use the control minus to shrink them small enough to read. LOL and loving it thats what this computer is for, to find out things.

dinga

The good lady keeps locking up Zorin 15, I have not found out why. I have tried several different things to lock up this ISO and have not been able to do it, she can sit and play a game of freecell and lock up this computer. I just don't know how she does it. There is no problem to unlock the computer, takes less then a minute. Took me awhile to learn how to get to the terminal the secret is [Ctrl+Alt+T]

dinga

Administrator

Some people have surprising hidden talents, don't they? 😀

I have removed Zorin 15 from the experimental and stuck Zorin 13 back on it. There are just too many bugs and problems with it, I am starting to wonder if this is maybe a little to old for newer ISO's it was not state of the art when I bought it, and I have had it now for about 7 years. (HP P6000) (5GB DDR3RAM 1TB harddrive). I have been having trouble trying it install other new ISO's as well.
Zorin 13 has now been running 4 days with no problems at all.
dinga

That could be Nubi. My old gal can't handle some of the Manjar stuff or any of the Arch spins taht I was wanting to try out. Could be taht the new Zorin don't like some of the hardware there.